Now a days, we are given the opportunity to experience the breakthrough of wireless technology. As technology continues to improve, advanced home security camera systems due to. In fact, that technology is at the point where they can provide excellent viewing at night, in low light, and in extremely sunny weather!
Wireless technology, as it applies to security cameras is oft overlooked by those outside of the industry. But given the enhancements provided by wireless innovation, it’s certainly worth taking a closer look at the top five camera systems on the market today.
Home security camera systems not only record to protect our property, they also provide us with relative peace of mind. It's easy to take for granted that not everyone respects the property of others. So, what we can do for an added layer of protection for our businesses and homes is to use security camera systems.
The reality is that even when we’re just going about our daily lives, there exists people that might be interested in taking or damaging what we own, either for profit or for the sheer pleasure of it.
Here, we’ll take a look at the price, performance, and features of the top five camera systems. In addition to that, we'll provide you with additional details about these systems as to what they offer in terms of heightened protection, privacy and security.
The security camera industry always has been targeted towards businesses, but now a days, more and more homeowners are jumping on board, due to the fact that it adds security and peace of mind!
Don't want to read reviews? Here are the top best selling Wireless Security Camera Systems on Amazon at the moment!
If you want to read more in depth about these camera systems, continue on!
Best Selling Wireless Security Camera Systems on Amazon
- Easy Setup - Create an account, enter your WiFi password, and follow easy in-app instructions to connect your NVR and camera system. You'll have a live view of your cameras within minutes.
- 720p HD Video - Get a sharp and crisp image day or night with the camera's automatic IR-cut filter. Up to 65ft night vision.
- Advanced recording features - Intelligent recording mode can save space on your hard drive, recording at fewer frames per second when no motion is detected and at maximum frames per second during motion.
- Easy and Quick Setup-Zink.Power the camera and one click to complete the network configuration.Connectivity:IP/Network-2.4GHz Wireless(Incompatible with 5GHz).
- Download free Zmodo app from Google Store or Apple Store, does not supports Windows Phones.
- Always Stay Connected -Seamlessly stream video via the mobile Zmodo app for iOS and Android or via Internet browser on user.zmodo.com.Receive intelligent motion alerts when motion detected.
- Easy and Quick Setup-Zink.Power the camera and NVR,one click to complete the network configuration.Connectivity:IP/Network-2.4GHz Wireless(Incompatible with 5GHz).
- Full 720p HD image quality-you can see more clear and detailed image with this high resolution camera.IR Night Vision-See what's happening in the dark with automatic infrared lights.Up to 80ft night vision.Weatherproof Camera Housing-You can install the cameras outdoor and indoor to cover your home in all aspects.
- Always Stay Connected -Seamlessly stream video via the mobile Zmodo app for iOS and Android or via Internet browser on user.zmodo.com. Receive intelligent motion alerts when motion detected.
Last update on 2017-03-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Benefits of Using a Wireless Security Camera System
These camera systems can be used in a number of ways. Sometimes, it's just a matter of a homeowner reviewing the footage for their own benefit and other times we’ve seen security cameras, such closed-circuit television systems (CCTV), play an important role in the apprehension of criminals, predators and fugitives. On occasion, these cameras even record something seemingly innocent, but actually catch a criminal in the act!
Whatever your reason or reasons are, wireless security camera systems are finally moving into the prime spotlight. As a result, we are seeing more and more upgrades, due to advances in wireless technology, which is fantastic for the consumer!
Why You Need Security Cameras
A wireless security camera system is a must if you own anything of value such as family heirlooms, a designer watch collection, expensive computer equipment, or flat screen TVs. But, the main reason to get a system for your home or office, is peace of mind.
Some people balk at the expense of installing security cameras; particularly if they already have a system in place that doesn't include cameras (such as door sensors, and alarms). Well, take a moment to consider the hassles of replacing stolen or damage property. It'd be a huge pain wouldn't it?
Security camera systems provide you with around the clock protection for your home or business; Even while you are away on vacation. Also consider the installation cost versus the replacement costs. Even if you have insurance, it takes awhile for the claim adjuster to determine the value of your business or personal property, once it’s stolen or vandalized by thieves or intruders.
Even if you have a traditional alarm system, adding a security camera system can extend your property protection. Not only does having a security camera system protect your property, it also provides your loved ones and family members with peace of mind.
What makes these systems so great is that you can connect to and view your cameras from virtually any smartphone, tablet, or laptop and you can be anywhere in the world when you connect!
It’s not that every moment of your life will become absorbed by looking for burglars or vandals. But, in the event something bad does happen, security cameras provide concrete evidence in case of prosecution or in pursuit of potential suspects.
Comparison Table - The Top 5 Wireless Security Camera Systems
Hard Drive Incl.
Night Vision Dist.
The Top Five Wireless Security Camera Systems
We'll start with our favorite!
1. Amcrest 960H Video Security System
This is the top rated professional grade wireless security camera system. It is surprisingly affordable, given that the Amcrest 960H is fully loaded.
The Amcrest is an indoor/outdoor video security system with four high resolution 800+TV line (TVL) heavy duty cameras, and a 500 gigabyte hard drive already installed. With 65ft night vision and a transmission range of 984ft, this is a fantastic product! In low lighting, this camera automatically adjusts to infrared mode, so you'll always be able to see what's going on.
The 800 + TVL offers better quality than the 700+TVL customary CCTV footage. Overall, the Amcrest 960H has 34 percent more resolution than standard CCTV surveillance systems.
- Continuous HDD Backup With Extended Run Time + Simultaneous Recording
You don’t have to worry about running out of footage, or changing a tape, as you would with a CCTV system. With this wireless security camera system the footage is one continuous loop, simultaneously recording on all 4 channels (camera feeds). The total recording time at the maximum resolution of 960H is 144 hours (6 days). For more recording time, the HDD can be used in space saving mode for a full 30 days, before it runs out of storage space. It's important to note that this mode does lower the camera resolution.
- Encrypted Remote Viewing On Mobile Devices
You can utilize a regular PC or mobile device to monitor your security camera feed. All four channels are encrypted for tamper-proof surveillance, so you can be sure that only people who are approved can view the feed. The beauty of this feature is that it’s goes beyond a regular internal UI. UI refers to a web based interface, meaning that you can view your surveillance footage securely from any Smartphone or PC.
- Motion Detection With Alerts
The Amcrest 960H camera system is wireless surveillance at its best. Utilizing the DVR, you can set your motion detection settings to your own unique preferences. That way, you can have it alert you to movement in a specific area around your home or business instead of it alerting you to ALL movement. This helps you pinpoint movement within a targeted grid, once activated. The alerts can be sent to an email, pushed to your smartphone, or you could even have it trigger an alarm, when motion is detected. Even if the slightest motion is detected in your "hot zones," your DVR will start recording and you will receive an alert. Alerts are sent 24 hours a day, no matter if your security system is armed or disarmed.
- IP66 Weatherproof Cameras
These heavy duty weatherproof cameras work in any type of environment. Even during extreme weather conditions such as heavy snowfall or severe thunderstorms, the cameras remain dry and airtight. The security cameras work in wet or in humid climates, all backed by an ironclad manufacturer guarantee. The cameras have been tested to ensure the highest level of functionality for residential and professional surveillance!
- Amazing, high quality resolution for both day and night time recording.
- The LED infrared night vision can see motion up to 65ft away.
- Expandable DVR features a HDMI port, USB, Ethernet, and VGA connections.
- Comes with pre-installed (bundled) software.
- Free Amcrest app allows mobile viewing from anywhere!
- Provides 24 hour surveillance.
- Installation is time consuming because of the extra long cables, which can be extended to 300 feet by purchasing additional coaxial cables.
- Running cables can be very challenging in an already built home.
- Hard drive space could be larger.
- Cameras aren't full 1080p quality.
2. ANNKE 8-Channel HD-TVI 1080P Lite Video Security System
The ANNKE 8 channel camera system comes with 4 indoor/outdoor weatherproof cameras and 24 infrared (IR) night vision LEDs on each one. Each ANNKE wireless camera literally fits into the palm of your hand, so these are very discreet!
The confusing thing about this DVR/camera bundle is that the DVR supports 1080p, however, the cameras that are included only shoot in 720p. Now, 720p is still HD, but it is pretty deceiving if you ask me!
Many reviewers noted that the cameras need to be set up relatively close to their target to actually make out objects or human beings being recorded. Otherwise, it is difficult to see any visible objects in the recording, due to the resolution. That being said, many people think 720p is adequate for home recording. This camera is best suited for monitoring something non-critical, such as a nanny cam, or just around the inside of your home.
This camera system features most of the same things that the Amcrest model did, which means they know what works and what doesn't! Check it out:
- Smart Playback Functionality
The included software knows when motion is detected in the videos, so instead of spending hours sorting through videos with no motion, the software automatically speeds past parts where no motion is detected.
- Cutting Edge H.264+ Video Compression
With this feature, your videos will transmit quicker from the camera to the DVR and your bandwidth usage will be lower than a using a system without this compression technology.
- Features 8 Channels
You can use up to 8 cameras on this system and monitor motion on each. You can even set up separate hot zones on each camera, so you only record motion in certain areas.
- You can record on up to 8 cameras at once.
- Mobile app is easy to configure.
- H.264+ video compression built in.
- Can record 1080p with cameras that support it.
- IP66 waterproofing for all weather use built in.
- Features multiple ports including HDMI.
- Can playback two recordings at once.
- Cameras included only shoot in 720p
- You need to run cables for each camera.
- Does not include a hard drive.
- Night vision technology is sub standard.
3. EZVIZ Smart Home 1080p Security Camera System
This Smart Home wireless security camera system by EZVIZ has 4 weatherproof bullet cameras and it features a very unique, modern design. The playback quality is crystal clear at 1080p and it's a very affordable system for both indoor and outdoor use.
The night vision on the EZVIZ is outstanding. Equipped with powerful infrared technology, for up to a 100 feet of visibility, this system can see a lot! It's perfect for indoor/outdoor versatility as it comes with pre-installed security grade hard drives, and enhanced 24/7 video encryption. The EZVIZ offers 4 channel surveillance with camera combinations suitable for every security need. And remote viewing is available on all iOS, Android, PC, and Mac devices.
- Smart Home Camera Kit with Smartphone Access
The EZVIZ app interface is relatively easy to use, even for beginners and you can access it via both iOS and Android. What's unique about this system is that it integrates with both IFTTT and the Amazon Echo. If you're not familiar with IFTTT, it's a free to use webapp (and mobile app) that provides seamless integration with other smart devices in your home. Using IFTTT technology it's possible to monitor and maintain additional settings within your home or office, such as temperature control, tracking deliveries, and turning on/off lights based on motion detection. And what's even better is that this can all happen automatically no matter where you are in the world!
- Push Notifications
Receive email, push, and/or text alerts whenever your camera system detects intrusion. It even works while you are away from home!
- Excellent Night Vision Technology
This system features up to 100 feet of high definition, crystal clear viewing while using night vision.
- 108º Wide Angle Viewing
This is one of the best features of the EZVIZ camera system, because it’s not often that you come across this with hardwired home security systems. But this one does have the capacity to bring you uncompromising wide angles at a very affordable price!
- Lifetime Technical Support
Although the security camera system comes with a 1 year product replacement warranty, the company does provide technical support for the life of the system.
- Record up to 10 days at 1080p with the included 1TB hard drive.
- Can record all 4 channels at the same time.
- IP66 waterproofing and can withstand extreme temperatures!
- Works with IFTTT.
- Requires wires to be ran, which can be very challenging.
- Can only view recordings as far back as 14 days.
- Requires hardwired ethernet.
4. ELEC 8CH Channel Home CCTV Video Security Camera System
This is a less expensive wireless security camera system than the models mentioned above, but it does feature a lot for the price (ie. it comes with 8 cameras). If you are in the market for a system with basic functionality, but a lot of cameras, then this one is perfect for your needs.
The reason this model is as cheap as it is, is not because it's junk; Just look at the reviews and you'll see that this is actually a pretty decent system. It's because it's new. Many companies release their camera systems at cheap prices in hopes of receiving reviews and recommendations, then after a while they increase the price.
This is a very decent camera system at a very low price, especially considering that everything you need to get up and running, besides the hard drive, is included!
- 8 - 720p Indoor/Outdoor Cameras
Nothing fancy here, but it does get the job done for a DIY camera system. You receive eight good quality cameras, perfect for small scale security protection; say if you live alone and want some additional peace of mind or even if you run a small business out of a leased space in a strip mall. This is a great starter system, for sure!
- Push Notifications and Remote Access
Receive notifications and access your system anymore you are thanks to the included free smartphone app!
- DVR Features HDMI, BNC, and VGA Ports
No longer are you forced to use one or the other, instead with this hub, you can use whichever port you deem necessary.
- You can record on up to 8 cameras at once.
- The cameras are weatherproof.
- Very inexpensive!
- The app can be a bit clunky, which causes videos to load rather slowly.
- Setting up app alerts can be rather tricky.
- The cameras are only 720p quality.
- No HDD is included.
5. FREDI 8CH Security Camera System 4x Cameras
This is another very basic security camera system with not a lot of features. If you don’t need many frills or cameras, then this is the perfect security camera for you.
It features 4 cameras with Smart Motion detection, a remote viewing for mobile devices and Smartphone access, and the cords to get started. That's about it!
- DVR Equipped
This unit features full 960H recording capacity via the 4 wire bullet cameras it comes with. For as cheap as it is, it features pretty decent 720p video. Images are sharp and highly visible, day or night. The DVR is equipped with standard ports for HDMI, VGA and BNC output and each camera has 24 infrared LEDs so they can easily see in the dark. This camera system comes with a remote, a standard power supply, video power cables, a splitter cable, and a USB mouse.
- The cameras feature night vision that can see up to 85ft.
- IP66 weatherproofing built in.
- Very inexpensive!
- Setting up app alerts can be rather tricky.
- The cameras are only 720p quality.
- No HDD is included.
The wireless security camera systems that we took a look at were reviewed in order from the highest quality to the lowest. If you are in the market for something affordable, we suggest you look at the FREDI or ELEC systems.
For those who require a higher level of security, as well as durability and reliability, definitely check out the EZVIZ, ANNKE, or Amcrest units. Never let price alone make the decision for you, unless your budget is extremely tight. But, even then you are going to need to consider what you are protecting and how much it is going to cost you to replace your property in the event of theft or vandalism.
The best security camera systems include continuous recording and motion trigger alerts. Although, the prices may vary, there’s one thing any system should provide and that is a free app for remote monitoring. Today, thanks in large part to advances in wireless technology, remote viewing is available on all platforms, including Mac, Android, iOS, laptops, tablets, Smartphones and PCs.
So, which system should you get? Well, that's up to you! We laid out the information, now you just need to decide which system best fits your home.
zwavezone.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking from “Z-Wave Zone” to Amazon (amazon.com, or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, or AmazonWireless.com).