Have you ever wondered what a real live smart home looks like? Well, now is your chance to see one up close and personal!
This is a smart home demonstration detailing some of the home automation technology we have installed in the Z-Wave Zone home! If you like the video, feel free to subscribe to our channel for future ones. 🙂
For those of you completely new to home automation, check out the bottom of this post for links to articles that can get you started on building your first smart home. If, on the other hand, you're a seasoned smart home veteran, the home automation products I used in this video are listed below as well.
Home Automation Demonstration Video
Smart Home Products Used
- Hub: VeraPlus - Related Post 1, Related Post 2
- Light Switches: Linear WD500Z-1 - Related Post
- Party Mode Button: Linear WS15Z-1
- Voice Control: Amazon Echo Dot
- Garage Control: GoControl Isolated Contact + Ecolink Tilt Sensor - Related Post
- Motion Sensors: Fibaro FGMS-001 - Related Post
- Door Sensors: Ecolink and Strips - Related Post 1, Related Post 2
- Color Bulbs: Hue BR30s
- LED Strips: WenTop Strips
- Cameras: Foscam C1 - Related Post
- Speakers: Sonos Play:3
- Home Theater Controller: Logitech Harmony Elite
- Automated Pet Feeders: HoneyGuaridan A25 - Related Post
- Thermostat: Nest - Related Post 1, Related Post 2
Articles to Get You Started
If you liked the video or you had a question, let us know in the comments!
zwavezone.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking from “Z-Wave Zone” to Amazon (amazon.com, or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, or AmazonWireless.com).